Michael Kors presented his Fall 2016 collection on Wednesday morning in New York to an audience that included Blake Lively and Olivia Munn. In typical Kors fashion, the show had an upbeat feel, filled with the kinds of bright, glitzy pieces Kors’s fans love. There was also a renewed focus on movement, which came in the form of ostrich feather trim and car-wash skirts—but more on that inNicole Phelps’s review. Here, find everything you need to know about Kors’s celeb-studded show.
1. Repeat Kors customers Blake Lively, Olivia Munn, andNaomie Harris sat front row, all wearing Michael Kors ensembles.
2. Freja Beha Erichsen opened the show to the tune of The Association’s “Windy,” wearing a navy peacoat, white tie-neck blouse, and ostrich feather–trim jeans.
3. The ostrich feather motif continued throughout the show, appearing on coats, trousers, and on this fluttering minidress worn by Imaan Hammam.
4. It was a good day for legs at Michael Kors, where models strutted in high-slit miniskirts and car–wash skirts. Consider the thigh-grazing trend here to stay.
5. Kendall Jenner walked in the show in a metallic minidress with metal ring detailing. Backstage, she posed with Kors’s model mantra, which kicked off with the line “You have the best personal style.”
6. Each model had a personalized hairstyle that ranged from half-up-half-down ’dos, side-swept bangs, braids, chignons, and low pigtails.
7. Kors has always loved fur—this season’s are intarsia’d with florals.
8. Several of Kors’s Fall 2016 men’s collection looks walked the runway.
9. Kors also adopted a see-now-buy-now model, offering seven ready-to-wear pieces, six accessories, two bag styles, and two shoe styles for purchase on his site and at his Madison Avenue store.
- Source: Vogue